Travel Information for WWWC Weekends:
- Estes Park, CO
- Farmington, MN
- Hickory, NC
- Junction City, KS
- Malvern, PA
ESTES PARK, CO WEEKENDS:
YMCA of the Rockies
2515 Tunnel Road
Estes Park, CO 80511
970-586-3341 X 1021
Contact Aryln Crowfoot 970-586-4444 x 6039
DIA is the closest airport, located in Denver, CO -- about a 2 hour drive
There is no train service to get you to the retreat center.
Boulder, CO is about one hour away.
Denver, CO is about two hours away.
Colorado Springs is about three hours away.
FROM DIA travel west on I-70, then go north on I-25, then west on Hwy 36 then through Boulder, north to Lyons and then north to Estes Park. There are signs to the YMCA.
From south of I-70: Go west on 6th Ave to Hwy 93. Follow it north to Boulder, though Boulder north through Lyons and then north to Estes Park. There are signs to the YMCA.
FARMINGTON, MN WEEKENDS:
Mount Olivet Conference & Retreat Center
7984 257th St W, Farmington, MN 55024
Basic driving directions (courtesy of google maps!):
Get on MN-5 W from Glumack Dr -- 6 min (2.2 mi)
Take Cedar Ave to 250th St W in Eureka Township -- 27 min (22.7 mi)
Continue on 250th St W to your destination -- 5 min (2.7 mi)
There is no public transportation to get there.
The closest airport is the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport (Airport code MSP).
The closest major city is Minneapolis, which is 37 miles north of the retreat center. The suburb, Apple Valley, is on the way to the retreat center and will have hotels. Lakeville is another nearby suburb for hotels.
HICKORY, NC WEEKENDS:
Catholic Conference Center
1551 Trinity Lane
Hickory, NC 28602
Directions to Conference Center:
Go west on I-85 to the exit for 321 North in Gastonia. Go north on 321 to Exit 37 (Highway 10). Turn left onto Highway 10 and go approx. 5 miles to Highway 127. Turn right onto Highway 127, go .5 mile and turn left onto Greedy Highway. Go 2.5 miles to the entrance to the Conference Center on your right.
From the East:
Go west on I-40 to Hickory Exit 123-A / Highway 321 South (Gastonia – Lincolnton). Take Exit 42 to Highway 127 South. Turn right onto Highway 127 South and go approx. 5 miles to Greedy Highway. Turn right onto Greedy Highway. Go 2.5 miles to the entrance to the Conference Center on your right.
From the West:
Go east on I-40 to Hickory Exit 123-A / Highway 321 South (Gastonia – Lincolnton). Take Exit 42 to Highway 127 South. Turn right onto Highway 127 South and go approx. 5 miles to Greedy Highway. Turn right onto Greedy Highway. Go 2.5 miles to the entrance to the Conference Center on your right.
From Boone/Blowing Rock:
Take Highway 321 South to Exit 42 for Highway 127 South. Turn right onto Highway 127 South and go approx. 5 miles to Greedy Highway. Turn right onto Greedy Highway. Go 2.5 miles to the entrance to the Conference Center on your right.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport - 52 miles (54 minutes)
Piedmont Triad International Airport - 103 miles (1 hour 37 minutes)
Raleigh-Durham International Airport - 173 miles (2 hours 37 minutes)
JUNCTION CITY, KS WEEKENDS:
Rock Springs 4-H Center
1168 Highway K157
Junction City, KS 66441
• It takes approximately 25-30 minutes from Junction City, Kansas to Rock Springs 4-H Center.
MAP LOCATION -
KANSAS CITY– KCI (2 hours 24 minutes from airport to Rock Springs)
MANHATTAN, KS– MHK (31 minutes from airport to Rock Springs)
SALINA, KS– SLN (1 hour 3 minutes from airport to Rock Springs)
• There is no public transportation to Rock Springs.
A FEW RESTAURANTS IN JUNCTIONS CITY, KANSAS:
All restaurants can be accessed along I-70 off of EXIT 298
Freddy’s Frozen Custard
MALVERN, PA WEEKENDS:
Malvern Retreat House
315 S. Warren Ave, Malvern, PA 19355
Main Entrance is found on South Warren Avenue, opposite Malvern Preparatory School.
WWWC Travel Contacts for PA area: Nancy Moore (215-284-4071) or Dee Beiter (484-614-0654)
Closest airport is Philadelphia International Airport (PHL): roughly 20 miles (about 40 minute drive with traffic)
Closest town (with food) is Paoli, PA.
There are 3 restaurants in Paoli Plaza, located at North Valley Road and Lancaster Avenue (Rt. 30), a short distance from the train station.
- Nudy's, located at 31 West Lancaster Avenue (in front of the Plaza); it is only open until 4PM, but for anyone coming in early, their food is excellent.
- Skinny Pizza (35 W. Lancaster Avenue) offers salad, soup and pizza. It's reasonably priced, and the reviews say it's good.
- TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery, located at 35 Paoli Plaza. Food is reasonably priced and quite good.
By TRAIN from the Philadelphia International Airport to Paoli, PA (just outside Malvern):
**We will pick up those who need transportation from Paoli to the retreat center. If you are planning to arrive by train, please let Dee or Nancy know when you make your travel plans, so that they can have an adequate number of seats available in the vehicles used to pick up in Paoli.
- Following the signs to “Baggage Claim”, you will be on a connecting walkway that goes over train tracks. Watch for signs for SEPTA Regional Rail trains to Center City Philadelphia. The sign will take you down an escalator or stairs to a train platform. Just before you go through the glass door to the platform there is a ticket vending machine. There is usually an attendant nearby in a fluorescent yellow vest who can help with the machine should it be difficult to understand. The airport is the end of the line, however there are 4 airport stops: Terminal A, Terminal B, Terminals C & D, and Terminals E & F. There is no way to go far in the wrong direction as each train coming through goes to the last stop and very shortly turns around to go back toward Center City. The side of the train should say “______via Center City” as various trains have different end locations, but all pass through Center City. Your end location is Paoli. If the train you board says it is going to Paoli, then just stay on for the whole trip.
- If not, get off at 30th Street Station, which is one stop past University City. You will go downstairs from the train platform and look at the board for “Paoli/Thorndale line” and the track number/ time leaving. There is a customer service person in that corridor that is available if you need help or information. Proceed back up the stairs or escalator to the platform indicated for the Paoli line. Make sure before you get on, that the sign on the side of the train says Paoll or Thorndale.
- Please note: Get a ticket from airport to center city, and a second from center city to Paoli. You should be prepared to pay less than $20 for the complete train ride. If you plan to use the train to return to the airport, please buy a duplicate of your ticket purchase for use on Sunday, as the ticket counter will be closed and you will need cash and pay a surcharge on the train. Credit cards are also able to be used in the vending machines.
- If you experience any difficulty that cannot be solved by talking to a customer service person in your journey, Nancy Moore (215-284-4071) and Dee Beiter (484-614-0654) will be happy to assist you if you call their cell phone as listed. Let us know by text to either one of these cell numbers when you arrive in Paoli. This will help us send the correct number of cars for pickup when the weekend is starting.
- Once in Paoli, go to the “Inbound” or opposite side of the tracks from where you got off. Please be prepared to find some dinner before we pick you up to take you to the retreat center, as there will be no dinner provided before the weekend begins. Paoli provides a number of places in a short walking distance to get coffee, food, or kill time before arriving to begin the weekend.
- We will pick up those who need transportation from Paoli to the retreat center. Meet in front of TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery at 4:30 PM, as there is a fair amount of room in that parking lot, and Dee and Nancy will text the vehicle description(s) so you'll know what kind of car to look for.