WWWC Theological Presuppositions
- WWWC believes everything expressed in the Apostles’ Creed.
- WWWC believes in the authority of scripture.
- WWWC believes that God has revealed himself as transcendent yet utterly near.
- WWWC believes that God made the human person in his image and likeness.
- WWWC believes that the image of God in us has been wounded by sin.
- WWWC believes that the human person cannot heal her own wounds.
- WWWC believes that God wishes to heal our wounds through the wounds of his Son.
- WWWC believes that God respects our freedom to accept or reject this healing.
- WWWC believes that we accept healing only by embracing our woundedness.
– We embrace our woundedness through baptism and ongoing conversion.
– Ongoing conversion is the gradual transformation of the whole person into the image of Christ.
- WWWC believes that this healing transformation is the work of the Holy Spirit.
– The Holy Spirit restores us to communion and wholeness with God, self, and others.
– The Holy Spirit stirs us to love and strengthen one another as sisters.
– The Holy Spirit empowers us with different gifts for the mission of healing the whole world.